DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Robin Matthews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 16:58:07 +0100
Dear AgModellers/DSSATers

Apologies for cross-postings.

As its co-developer along with Tony Hunt, I was just interested to get some
idea of the use of the DSSAT cassava model (also variously known as the
GUMCAS or CROPSIM-Cassava model). If anyone has worked with it in the past
or is working with it at the moment (or is intending to work with it in the
future for that matter) could you let me know? I am particularly interested
in what it is/has been/will be used for, and in which countries, and whether
you think that it has had any impact in any way whatsoever.

This is part of my ongoing quest to find uptake and applications of
crop/soil models which was the subject of previous discussions on these
listservers a little while ago.

=========
Dr Robin Matthews
Institute of Water and Environment
Cranfield University, Silsoe, Bedfordshire MK45 4DT, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)1525 863008; Fax: +44 (0)1525 863384
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.silsoe.cranfield.ac.uk/agricsystems/people/RobinMatthews.htm
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rbmatthews/
-----
This communication is sent in confidence to the named recipient only.  If
you are not the named recipient, any use, disclosure, or copying of this
communication is unauthorised.  Any such unauthorised use will be subject to
legal action.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately.