DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Grace, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 13:04:12 +1000
All,

Dr Sehgal has made a good point re yield trends and access to
technology. Also, much of the data from long-term trials in the
rice-wheat region suggests a plateauing of wheat yields and possibly
decline in rice. Dr's Pathik, Aggarwal & Ladha (amongst others) have
also performed some detailed analyses of yield trends, and potential
yields through simulation in the rice-wheat region of south Asia. Some
of this information is in press or actually published. They may wish to
share this information.

Peter Grace