REDCOATSAY2022 Archives

The 2021-22 Redcoat Band

REDCOATSAY2022@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Brett Bawcum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The 2021-22 Redcoat Band <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2022 18:50:51 +0000
Redcoats:

We’re working on a final itinerary. But here a few more things to help you prepare.

Trucks, please park tonight at Tate/MLC in your normal game day locations.

All: We will not meet at the IM fields prior to the game because of the distance and because there are no buses available to us. Everyone will meet at Tate. We have reserved Tate Grand Hall for you to gather, beginning at 11am. We won’t be able to provide a meal because of the short notice. But you are welcome to eat (appropriately distanced) at Grand Hall if you want to. Props should plan to be on site by 11:15. Sousas and percussion should arrive by 11:30. Everyone else will need to be in the Grand Hall by 12:10 or at the DawgWalk location by 12:20pm.

On-campus residents should plan to travel on foot or via campus transit. Off-campus residents and staff, please plan to park near Stegeman Coliseum and to walk to the stadium, a distance that is similar to pre-2016 football game days. In the itinerary, I will include a recommended location for parking. Basketball band members playing at Saturday evening’s basketball game should make a special effort to arrive early, as the lots that are available to us are first come-first served.

We will be in the DawgWalk formation by 12:30, awaiting the team’s arrival. We will hold a traditional DawgWalk, then we’ll chant directly to our seats. Pregame will follow, performed from the stands, with a Battle Hymn soloist in the upper deck SW corner. A program including speakers and presentations will follow. At the end, we will play our 2021 postgame concert including Angel Tag, Glory Glory, and Georgia On My Mind with the new ending and the Chant.

Again, a full itinerary is forthcoming, but hopefully this helps you plan a little more to once again do the impossible with not quite enough time or resources.

The university community does appreciate you, but there are a lot of things to be addressed about how your needs are factored into its operation. This off-season will be dedicated to making sure that changes before next fall.

Thank you…

BB

—
Brett Bawcum, DMA