Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:41:01 +0000
Harry,
What timely newsworthy information!  When the impossibly colored red-violet Helicostyla festiva (among other names)first re-emerged in the late 1990's on dealers tables as you know there was discussion as to its locale.  Donald Dan early on had some of those shells collected by the selfsame Ifugaos tribesmen of Northern Luzon as mentioned in your story.  He related to me that tribe had a fondness for western shirts, probably flowered, and would proudly wear them into town, and as the only piece of clothing they were wearing.  That story was not told me, however, on the Kalends of April.

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, FL