AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Ben Lastly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Lastly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:11:34 -0400
Teachers,

Again this year the Georgia FFA Alumni and Georgia FFA Association are hosting a Food Drive at the State FFA Convention. Chapters are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items to go toward the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank. This is also a great way to earn credit toward the FFA Alumni's Million Can Challenge!

***This year food should be dropped of on Thursday, April 23, at Convention Registration.*** So please bring all food items to the registration area when you arrive on Thursday.

***Back in February,Governor Perdue challenge the Georgia FFA to take an active role in helping the Georgia peanut industry as it faces some very negative press. We know that agriculture is the largest industry in our state, and that countless Georgians are impacted by the peanut industry. One way for the FFA to make a public statement about the safety and nutrition of Georgia peanut butter, is for chapters to bring jars of peanut butter to donate to the Food Bank. It could be powerful to see Georgia FFA members raising and contributing hundreds of jars of peanut butter to feed the needy of middle Georgia. At at time when the peanut industry needs help, there is no doubt the Georgia FFA can lend a hand. I hope that your chapter will bring several jars of peanut butter to contribute. The peanut industry and the Middle Georgia Food Bank each need our help. There is not a limit, so bring as many jars as you can! You'll be making a very positive differece to the needy of middle Ge!
!
orgia, and the peanut industry.

If you have questions, please feel free to contact the state FFA office at (706) 542-8990.   - Ben

Ben Lastly
Executive Secretary
Georgia FFA Association
316 Poultry Science - UGA