AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:49:33 -0400
Dear Teachers,
You and your students are invited to attend the Agroforestry and
Wildlife Field Day on Thursday, 17 September 2009 on the UGA Griffin
Campus.  This special field day is designed to provide participants
with the opportunity to learn about the issues and methods regarding
the management of forests, wildlife, and natural resources in Georgia.

We encourage you to bring interested students.  Many of the topics
covered at the field day are also part of the Georgia Agricultural
Education curriculum such as pine stand management, thinning, pine
straw production, control of undesirable species, prescribed burning,
best management practices, and wildlife management.

Early registration is encouraged to help the organizers plan for your
group.  A special student/teacher rate of $10.00 has been set for the
field day. This includes a box lunch for all participants. All
attending teachers will receive a classroom resource kit. Bus parking
will be available.

An invitation letter is attached, along with the registration form.
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or need
additional information.
Thanks,

Emily Lakemaker
Student Relations and Outreach Coordinator
Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
University of Georgia
Athens, Georgia 30602
706-542-0879

Blane Marable