From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:13:47 PST
Dear Conchlers,

I am looking for some nice, common and less common cones for the museums collection in Innsbruck
in form of a donation or in trading with some European inlandshells.

Conus
abbas
achatinus
acuminatus
acutangulus
aemulus
ambiguus
andamanensis
araneosus
argillaceus
ateralbus
attenuatus
augur
aureus
balteatus
boeticus
boschi
bulbus
cabritii
canonicus
capitanellus
castaneofasciatus
cedonulli
chusaki
circumcisus
clenchi
coelinae
corallinus
cuvieri
cylindraceus
daucus
dictator
dilectus (textilis)
dorreensis
episcopatus
ermineus
euetrios
exiguus
finkli
flavescens
floccatus
floridulus
frigidus
furvus
garciae
gladiator
gubernator
guinaicus
ichinoseana
ione
irregularis
janus
kimioi
kinoshitai
klemae
kulkulcan
leehmani (gubernatur)
lentiginosus
lischkeanus
lorenzianus
luteus
magnificus
maldivus
melvilli
mindanus
mitratus
mozambicus
mus
nimbosus
nobilis
novaehollandiae
pica (spectrum)
pennaceus
proximus
recluzianus
recurvus
roeckeli
rolani
roseorapum
sazanka
spectrum
spurius
stimpsoni
suratensis
suturatus
teramachii
vicdani
viola
violaceus
vittatus

these are some names of not to rare cones with famous names and of a certain importance.
I would wish me if anybody can or is willing to supply me with some of these shells for the
museums collection.
with best thanks in advance
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37