From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:36:25 -0500
>Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:50:46 -0500
>From: Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Don's Mitrid
>
>Hi John,
>
>Are you sure that is what the mitrid is?  I don't have specimens to make
>me doubt it but I have the two larger photos Don sent and they look so
>different from the photos in HSN 1/85 p. 5 and 9/78 supplement XI. And
>those two look so different from each other. One of the two photos
>(1/85) has a lot more axial ribs than the other (9/78) neither seems to
>have the profile of the shell Don shows, and furthermore, the pic Ross
>put up seems to have different proportions than the large scans Don
>sent. Ross's versions seem shorter and wider. I took Don's two andput
>them togther vertically and  Do you have these HSN pictures before you?
>I can scan them for you if you don't. I am really puzzled.
>
>Lynn

I screwed up, took the HSN dates out of my database (which contains lots of
my typing errors) 1/85 does not even have an article by Richard Salisbury
on mitrids. It should have been 7/85.
That issue shows three tiny Vexillums in color that superficially look very
close to each other.
The 9/78 article concerns roseotinctum, but I have only a photocopy, which
is useless for the pictures.

Thanks Lynn, for checking up on me!

John Wolff
2640 Breezewood Dr.