From:
Jordan Star <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 14:17:42 EST
Hi all,
Before I stooped photography (almost, bad eyes) I used a screw on front of
the lens "life sizer" from a photo store in NY (really a +10 Doppler lens)
with pretty good results.  Any type of camera is fine or can be used (35mm).
An inexpensive extenuation tube (different lengths for different
magnifications) or a bellows can be used.  To focus, the whole lens and
camera combination is moved and not the lens focus ring.  I think light bulbs
should be used so you can focus and see clearly.  Depth of field will be VERY
shallow.  Any camera can be made to take pictures of mini or macro shells, no
need to buy a new camera.  Salesmen want to sell anything to you, if you need
it or not.  Also, some photo processing places will put photos on a photo CD
in addition to a print so you can put the picture on the computer, send as
email, or post on a web site for all to see.  Also there are online photo
sites than can do many things for your photographs, store them, modify any
errors in the photos, print only want you want, etc.  I might remember more
tips and suggestions and pass them on to the list.
Jordan *