From:
Lindsey Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:33:45 -0800
James and others:

        Probably the most complete listing of eratoid names and synonyms both
Recent and fossil can be found in:

Schilder, M. & Schilder, F.A. 1971. A catalogue of living and fossil
cowries: Taxonomy and bibliography of Triviacea and Cypraeacea (Gastropoda:
Prosobranchia). Institut Royal des Sciences Naturelles de Belgique Memoires
85:1-246.

This essential cypraeophile reference also lists, with very few ecxeptions,
all cypraeid, ovulid, and triviid names and synonyms current to 1971.

Aloha,

Lindsey T. Groves
Nat. Hist. Mus. LA Co., Invert. Paleo./Malacology