From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 11:42:31 +1000
Dear all,

Thanks so much for that information about keeping cowries.

What I had in mind was a rocky reef tank, which will not be heated. After
all, the cowries I want to get live a few km away in the ocean and that's
not heated either. I already have freshwater tanks, and have had tropical
fish of one type or another since I was nine. I have just never had a
marine tank, so I am not sure what is involved. So thank you all for your
suggestions. What I do understand is that it will possibly cost me much
more to set up than a freshwater tank. At this stage I really don't want
any fish, I just want a nice low-level reef tank that I can plonk animals
in that I find locally, and then study them. If the water turns icky I
would not have any problems in hauling a few crates of water back from the
ocean

Thanks also for the Marginellid info. I am very much looking forward to
hearing from you, Bob.

And to you all, congratulations on being such a nice, polite forum. Every
now and then we have a little spiff, but even though differences in
opinions exist, we always make up. Not like another forum I am a member of
(and won't be for much longer) which regularly turns very, very ugly, and
apologies are never said.

Thank you

Patty
WWW: http://www.capricornica.com

Capricornica Publications               on-line natural history bookshop
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098
mobile 0412 865030

E-mail: [log in to unmask]