Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 23:55:30 EDT
Hi Nancy,
I'd say you have them both correct - C. miliaris and C. ovum.  Neither the
"form inocellata" of C. miliaris nor the "form chrysostoma" of C. ovum are
valid names, in my humble opinion.  Both names just represent the outer end
of the bell curve representing normal color distribution.  "C. miliaris
inocellata" is a light colored form in which the white spots are indistinct
because of the lightness of the ground color ("inocellata" = "unspotted").
"C. ovum chrysostoma" is a form with particularly dark coloration of the
teeth ("chrysostoma" = "gold-mouth").  Both forms intergrade smoothly into
specimens of average coloration.
Paul M.