From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 12:07:01 -0600
Good morning Conch-Lers,

It is my pleasure to announce that the "Man and Molluscs" educational site
is officially OPEN.  It is located at:  http://manandmollusc.net  .

Ross Mayhew and I have been "burning the midnight oil" recently to get the
site in good order, and I am adding new images and diagrams almost daily to
many of the articles, as they become available.  This site is constantly
growing so I hope you will drop by occasionally and "please", help to pass
the word on to educators (learners).

Articles and features deal with man's uses of molluscs, molluscan anatomy
and physiology, "amazing facts and "trivia", Cone Wars (complete with first
time photos), voyages of discovery (again complete with first ime photos),
octopus intelligence, Ross's great Links page, "How to Name a Species", and
many, many more molluscan related tidbits, project ideas and subjects.
There are articles suitable for all ages (colouring pages to physiology) and
all degrees of molluscan interest.

I wish to thank the many kind people who have contributed to this site, by
proof-reading articles, writing articles, sending photos, images and
graphics, and for making so many valuable suggestions (and please keep them
coming).  I won't name everyone here, for fear of leaving someone out, but
you know who you are and I love you all!!!

Wishing everyone all the best,

Avril Bourquin
P.O.Box 366
Invermere, British Columbia