From:
Paul Drez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:08:41 -0600
Maurizio:

You might want to go look at the list of shells from Peanut Island compiled
by the Jacksonville Shell Club (great WEB site with lots of very useful
information) at their WEB site where Harry Lee is currently keeping the
faunal lists up to date.  Also listed is Oliva bifasciata bollingi Clench,
1934 (O. reticularis to most of us and O. fulgurator to Tursch et al).  It
is interesting that both occur there.  Anyone know if both have been
collected live at Peanut Island?

Paul

http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm

At 04:11 PM 6/6/00 -0300, you wrote:
>Maurizio, the common oliva found on the flats north of peanut island
are,,,,,oliva sayana (Ravenell) ...
>The mollusca have probably disappeared into the deeper part of the flats
as the renovation project disturbed their happy
>life...sort of like us and the dipolomat hotel going in down the
street,,,,it's such a mess that we would like to escape