From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 08:10:03 PDT
Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
homepage: http://www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 (-40)

Dear Dan,

Good luck for your intention to work on a school collection of
this college. Fist best greetings from Innsbruck (Austria).
My mother, Dr. Irmgard Nisters, 86 years, former lawyeer,
and I, 44 years, former chemist, we both are responsable as
honorary collaborators for the quite nice, by us well sistemated,
but not large shell collection of the natural history department
of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum. We have a
private collection of inland-shells from Austria, Northern Italy
and some other parts of Europe and Mediterranean shells too.
Further we are working on school-collections for higher schools
and are donating some smaller collections to schools to make
malacology better known. So we revised a collection in South-
Tyrol (Northern Italy) at the Vinzentinum Brixen, whoch contained
also small collection of California collected by Henry Hemphill
and donated by an pupil of the school, who became doctor
in California.
If your students are interested in some European material
(land-shells, freshwater-shells from Austria, Northern Italay etc.
and some Mediterranean species) to compare them with
species I am willing to send you some species. Maybe you
can send me some shells (land- or marine-shells) from your
zone as I want to build up the museum's collection,
I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Again best wishes from Innsbruck, also by my mother

yours Helmut