From:
Jan Neefs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 19:30:35 +0200
Yes , Stephanie ,
I think it is the best way to deal with unpublished sp.
If it looks like, in my case (Marginella's) I put
M. cf.limbata ,  that means con form (looks like , but is quite different )
as you will certainly know , and if it doesn't look like anything I have
ever seen , I just put Marginella sp. nov , or Dentimargo sp. nov 1 , 2,
etc.
The addition cf. I only use when I discuss in letters the species concerning
,for I accept a lot of differences to exist in one species without even
naming the usually used form name.But that is my opinion , I don't like to
split , neither to lump species .One can get sometimes very confused if
everyone starts to use his /hers own names for such new sp.
thanks for the discussion ,
Jan Neefs