From:
Richard Sedlak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:12:46 EDT
Ohhhhhh, Dear!

Hearing that he has not even really strted on the project does "jolt" us a bit, especially after the Broward Shell Club donated a sizable sum of money to purchase a digital camera for him to use for the photographs which will be used in the book!  This is most disheartening to hear as now we will wonder "where that money has gone".  Also, rumor has it - and I would appreciate comfirmation, that Jerry was not going to include the Florida-Caribbean provence in the book as these shells, while found in Florida, also occur elsewhere and cannot, therefore, be considered "American".  If that is true it would certianly make the book far less "valuable", especially to us Florida collectors.

Happy Shelling
Richard Sedlak