From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:45:42 +0100
That's all crap.  Nobody cuts the mantles off clams.  Clams don't
make good sushi, either, unless you like it vulcanized.  And they
aren't "mined" for commercial food export--the villagers that are
eating them now will still be "mining" them when the year 2340
convention meets to discuss the problem of mining clams.