From:
LaVerne Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:17:39 EDT
>From: Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: storm
>Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 21:41:33 -0400
>
>Dear Floridians;-
>         What the rest of us need is a report on shell findings due to
>the storm surge. I hope several of you sunshiners will hie yourselves
>hither to the beaches so that learned reports can be offered to those of
>us not worthy of Hurricanes.
>         Question Man

Hello all,
    Unfortunately, some of us have to work!  Probably the tourists get the
best shells!! :)  We went out tonight just before dark and found:

   1) lot of Turtle grass
   2) lots of sea urchins
   3) lots of Purple Sea Fans
   4) Pairs of Geukensia demissa (Mussels)
   5) Pairs of Argppecten gibbus (Calico Scallops)
   6) Pairs of Trachcardium muricatum (Yellow Cockles)
   7) Dinocardium robustum vanhyningi (Van Hyning's Cockles)
   8) Lots of dead Crepidula fornicata (Atlantic Slipper Shell)
   9) Pairs of Atrina Rigida and serrata (Pen Shells)
  1o) An orange red Fasciolaria tulipa (True Tulip)
  11) A large Fasciolaria lilium hunteria (Banded Tulip)
  12) Two recently dead Phyllonotus pomum (Apple Murex)

I'm hoping that snorkeling this weekend will produce some good results!
It was fun anyway and the shells were very bright colors!!
                           LaVerne