From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 00:47:07 -0400
Thank you everyone for your kind remarks (and some outright praise) for my
photos of the Spondylus princeps I found in the Sea of Cortez. I have added
5 new photos of the cleaned double Spondylus and it is pretty spectacular.
These have to be some of the most beautiful shells in my personal
collection, and to have the opportunity to share them with you is truly a
joy. There are three remaining (and heavily encrusted) specimens which will
most likely take quite some time to clean properly. I also hope to post
photos of the other shells I was able to find on my dives in this magical
place where we shared a remarkable time (though brief) with two Giant
Pacific Manta Rays, each of which had to be at least 8 or 9 feet across
from wingtip to wingtip! The new photos are in the Baja Spondylus album at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=412573

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Miller