From:
Jordan Star <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:48:01 EDT
Dear Avril,
According to the techie at Helen Keller for the Blind the Hewlett Packard
ScanJet 4200C (or Ces as in the store but not on the unit itself) is a very
good scanner.  I paid $150 for mine.  In my research (or reading) I learned
that a CCD? Is better than a CIF? Array.  A buying guide will have more info.
 Also a scanner that scans past the glass plate can scan a 3D object, a shell
or a butterfly, a scanner that can't scan past the glass plate can only scan
documents.  The web site;

www.hp.com

has other scanners that have more features than mine.  The software is basic
and can only recognize single column documents so I got OmniPage which can
recognize multi column documents.  All scanners on the market have a basic
OCR (Optical Character Recondition) so a different software package is
needed.  I have yet to scan a shell and use MS Photoshop 2000 to fix any
problems.  Can I help some more, maybe?
Jordan *

Jordan Star
Long Island, NY