From:
Timothy Blackwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 08:20:52 -0800
Hello everyone!  :)

     I am gathering information on Lambis crocata pilsbryi Abbott, 1961, for a research project.
What I am looking for is the following:

     1. Have the soft-parts and operculum of this subspecies been described?
     2. What type of habitat is preferred?
     3. How common is it in the Marquesas Islands?
     4. Have specimens resembling L. c. pilsbryi been found outside of the Marquesas?
        I am aware of such specimens from Zanzibar and Sri Lanka.
     5. Does the nominative form, Lambis crocata crocata Link, also occur in the Marquesas
Islands?         If so, is there any evidence of intergradation between L. c. corcata and L. c.
pilsbryi?
     6. What are the definite characters that distinguish the two?

Also, citations for articles (or reprints of articles) about L. c. crocata and L. c. pilsbryi
would be greatly appreciated.  If any copies of articles are available, please send them to the
address in the signature at the bottom of this message.  Thanks in advance.  Well, I will sign off
for now. Hope this message finds you all happy, healthy, and well.  So, until next time...Take
care and have a great day.  Bye for now.  :)

Sincerely,
Tim Blackwood

PS  On the side, any photos or reprints of articles on Strombus oldi Emerson, 1965, would also be
greatly appreciated.  I am working on personal research into conchs placed in the subgenus
Tricornis.  This subgenus also includes Strombus gallus Linne, 1758, S. sinuatus Lightfoot, 1786,
and the like.  A specimen of S. oldi would be ideal, but, as a recent biology graduate searching
for a graduate school, I'm not in a position to purchase one and have nothing to offer in exchange
for a specimen.  Please mail any information to the above address.  Thanks in advance.  Bye again.
 :)

=====
Timothy J. Blackwood
Phone: (218)326-4976