From:
charles sturm jr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 19:57:14 -0500
--On Saturday, December 30, 2000, 4:38 PM -0500 Peggy Williams
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:r

> I prefer the blue foam inserts. The black ones feel like they will
> deteriorate and the little holes in the foam are larger.

The color of the foam is not necessarily a good indicator of whether it is
archival or not.  I purchased a shell several years ago, and it arrived in
a plastic box with blue foam.  I pulled it out of my collection several
years later and the foam which had been soft was now beginning to
deteriorate.  After this incident, I removed all foam liners in boxes that
I had received with purchases, trades, etc. and replaced them with cotton,
polyester foam or polyethylene foam.  These were acid free and archival and
now I sleep easier :-)

Moral of the story, practice safe foam, don't trust your partner, protect
yourself...use products that you know are safe, and protect your collection.

Charlie