From:
Constantine Mifsud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:31:33 +0100
Pall Einarsson wrote:

> I have collected a few lots from driftwood in Iceland, but have not
> attempted to identify the species. Can you recommend any literature? A list
> of species would be helpful as a start.
>
> With best wishes,
> Pall Einarson
> Páll Einarsson
> Science Institute, University of Iceland
> Hofsvallagata 53
> 107 Reykjavik
>
> Phone +354 525 4816,  fax +354 552 1347, email [log in to unmask]
> http://www.raunvis.hi.is/~palli/

yes Pall, Henk's reference is the best. Unfortunately it seems Ruth Turner has
passed away recently and she was referred to as the best authority on these
molluscs.For your region I also recommend;
Tebble N. 1976: British bivalve seashells. an HMSO publication.
Abbot Tucker R., American seashells.
Munari Lorenzo 1974: Contributo alla conoscenza dei Teredinidae nel
Mediterraneo.

regards,

--
Constantine Mifsud