From:
Emilio Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:57:47 -0400
I am having lots of problems with my memory, but I am regainig at least part of
it and, of course, this subject interested me a lot; I don't remember almost
any shell name when I want, but sometimes I remember it minutes or hours after
then, when I am not thinking in it; sometimes, when I see a photograph of a
shell that I have had during a long time I can remember (see or feel) some
things that are not in the photograph and generally they are the clues to
identify it from other shells; sometimes I relived a situation that have
something to do with the shell; several months ago I was trying to remember the
exact location where I had found some Littorinas in 1977; after two or three
days I could remember myself with water to the ankles; there were mangles in
front and in the back; I feel the water movements, its freshness and the
sounds, I see the Littorinas and I see some limpets in a mangle almost in the
water, but I did not remember the location where all this happened. The
memories are there, in some place; the difficulty is to make the linking. (my
son helped me; he did not remember all the details, but he remembered the exact
location and then I remembered it also). memory is a strange thing; until now I
have memory as a natural thing, but now I think it is a preciouos gift.

Emilio