From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 18:26:59 -0500
Dear Magellanophiles,

I have the book in question, and it is the most thorough taxonomic
treatment of the malacofauna of Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego of which I
am aware.  I believe it is available from at least a few booksellers worldwide.

Two odd buccinids, possibly synonymous, are illustrated in this work:

Antistreptus magellanicus Dall, 1902
A. rolani Castellanos, 1985

They happen to be (normally) sinistral.  I am eager to trade for at least
one of them.  I'll dig deep.

Harry

>From the book:
>
>Vazquez Mazzini Editores; Concepcion Arenal 4864 (1427), Buenos Aires,
>Argentina. Tel: 4854-7085.
>
>However, friend Jorge Vazquez has attempted to contact the publisher by
>telephone without luck. I am awaiting word following his attempt to visit
>them at their given address.
>
>Tom Rice

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
www.jaxshells.org