From:
"Tom Rice (Of Sea and Shore)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:54:25 -0800
Dear Maria,

A copy was sent, as always, air mail and should reach you shortly. Will send
another today just to make certain you get a copy.

Also my apologies for delay in getting payment to you for subscriptions. I
have asked three people in Europe to send payment to you to cover the
current balance due. Jens & Christa Hemmen will give you US $140.20 when
they see you (I think they said they'd be seeing you next month), Klaus Groh
(ConchBooks) will be sending $691.00 as soon  as he returns from vacation
and Cossignani of Mostra Mondiale Malacologia will send you $261. This will
total $1,092.00. I will send the balance with payment for the following when
you send me an invoice for those listed below.

  Somehow many still think I'm your agent and I have accepted subscription
renewals, etc from the following (until you get a new agent, I'll continue
to do this if o.k. with you, though I do plan to be away at least 4 times
each year for a month at a time at least). Anyway:

Marilyn Lucarelli; 81-B Carriage Hill, Twin Lakes Apt.; Clifton Park, NY
12065-4231  $65 air mail for 2001

Roe Davenport, Jr.; 5903 Oak Run St.; San Antonio, TX 78247-1357. $55 for
2001

Byron Torke; 3914 Locust St.; Muncie, IN 47304. $55 for year 2000 copies

Michael S. Frein; 1040 Balboa St.; Morro Bay, CA 93442. $65 air mail renewal

Fred Schroeder; 149 Lilac Court; Latte Heights, GU 96923 (Guam). $70 air
mail renewal

Dr. George Metz; 121 Wild Horse Valley Dr.; Novato, CA 94947. $65 airmail
renewal

Peter Schrier; 3588 Cook Rd.; Medina, OH 44256. $55 renewal

Paul Johnson; Whitelaw House, Orchil Road; Auchterarder, Perthshire,
Scotland PH3 1LS, U.K. $70 air mail renewal

Doris K. Underwood; 698 Sheridan Woods Dr.; West Melbourne, FL 32904-3902.
$55 renewal

And then through EBSCO Industries, Inc. The following renewals were
received:

Library, Academy of Natural Sciences; 1900 Ben Franklin Pkwy.; Philadelphia,
PA 19103-1101. $45 recerived for NEW subscription and then $45 additional
for a Renewal - Years 2000 and 2001

Research Library; Natural History Museum; 900 Exposition Blvd.; Los Angeles,
CA 90007-4057. $45

Library American Museum of Natural History; Serials Acquisition Unit;
Central Park West at 79th Street; New York, NY 10024. $45 renewal

Instituto Canario CC Marinas; Biblioteca; Apartado Correos 56; 35200 Telde
/G Canaria, Spain. $45 renewal

And for the last one an inquiry concerning Vol. 32, Issue 296 (2000) which
they had not received as of Feb. 7, 2001.

Well, there they are. Whew!

Hope all is well with your family. My mother is slowly recovering from
pneumonia (she celebrates her 85th birthday next month) and my father's
dimentia gets worse as time goes by (he'll be 88 in September). Nonetheless
I feel blessed that they are still here!

Am off next week to Thailand to supervise the next issue of the magazine,
will return mid-April.

Best to all and again my apologies for the long silence from this end! (Am
also still awaiting the final 2000 issue of La Conchiglia).

Best regards to everyone,

Tom

Tom Rice