From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:32:09 -0400
Dear All;-
        Cincinnati is once again experiencing something of a race riot.
Couple of days ago, a Cincinnati policeman shot a 19 yr old who had
several warrents out. He was un-armed. It is Spring break week so many
of our kids have nothing to do. Breaking things appears to be the thing
to do.
        Our last riot was 1967. My mother read about it in Hong Kong. My
doctor read about it in Yugoslavia. I was in the middle of it and didn't
know it was going on. I was teaching in one room while mayhem was going
on in adjacent halls. The first I knew was when a couple of my football
players entered my room and said, "Dont worry, Mr. Weil, we'll take care
of you!". And (dumb me) I didn't know from what.
        Like I said---it's Spring Break. No-one dead yet. Lots of
bean-bag bullets flying around. Lots of windows broken. Keep tuned to
WKRP in Cincinnati/\.
        Art