From:
mark & peta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 10:38:26 -0400
Hello Conchler's. We are back in the fray, or "the fold" , depending on how
we look at it .
Well life hasn't changed too much , the recent beach replenishment has
killed all life off on our beach once again .     The monolith called "THE
DIPLOMAT" has interrupted our lives

of the past two years with a constant shower of fine concrete dust that is
playing havoc with all my electronics, the good news is that the 46 story
beast is sinking at 11 inches a month.... and is sinking more towards the
beach side, we might just get that big new reef faster than we 1st thought
( if it goes over ) ...Makes one ponder the question,, with all the
technology that exists why was it not terribly obvious  that there has been
a height limit of around 16 stories to the buildings on the beach , I
figured it was because the bedrock which is permeable limestone is not the
best for weight support. so these "brainiacs"  built a structure that is by
easy estimate 40 times heavier than anything previous.... is the idea just
built it and see what happens, build it and hope it stays put, or lets just
dump money upon the sand and lets have fun watching a 46 story building fall
over ... Hopefully the answer is the later.  Well so what does this have to
do with "shells" .. how about this , what will we call the new reef that
will be formed soon upon collapse of the beast ,,, Diplomat reef,
Hollywood's folly, or a tribute to the mobs influence in architecture , not
that the mob has anything to do with construction in Florida ,,, should I be
writing this. Well in summation  , my humor hasn't wavered, I like to watch
the soprano's and I think Hillary will make a fine president in 2004 (at
least she can keep the canyons colors inside the lines of the coloring book
better then George "W" can)
So here's to a happy weekend for all of you and by the way , what really is
the new name of Thailand ,,,, ? Ferret

Mark & Peta Bethke
3001 South Ocean Dr.  # 4-V
Hollywood, FL