From:
HARRY BERRYMAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 1980 14:30:47 -0500
  Coming from my old computer, get other back Wednesday. To those that
   their Anti virus worked  Great. To the less fortunate, I am also a
  victim of that sick mind. The only clue I had was all of a sudden all
 mail was "sent and received by me". I thought someone else asked about
   this happening a week or two earlier. All indications of the virus
   appears to point to an inquiry about a display I did a year ago. My
 response was yes I wanted to add to the display and what did they have
    in mind. I don't delete mail like this for reference to the next
  correspond. After a few days I noticed the attachment. When clicking
same, a message appeared "Error in transmission". Again I asked what was
   up. Now I get an answer "Don't open, has a virus". I said to myself
  Norton did its job. You know the results. Emilio and Delaware Museum
  notified me of the virus. I then shut down and phoned BJ The Tall One
 asking her to warn everyone. I did not send the virus, it sent it self.
 I have done 3 different scans, the first took over 12 minutes, nothing
  is showing up. Yes I up-date Norton. Something some how was open and
allowed the virus to get by. I was informed the virus can not be deleted
 and to be quarantined, my frustrations has told me to have the computer
   wiped clean and start over. I would always wonder about an accident
 causing the virus to become free, its not worth it. From now on I will
 check Norton periodically to make sure all options are check especially
   after up-dates. I can only hope by telling what I have gone through
  might help others from going through this. I through maintenance took
 care if things like this, guess I was wrong. This is only a summary of
 what I've experienced, can any of the more knowledgeable people clarify
         or add anything that might help prevent a reoccurrence.
On the lighter side, Emilio, I printed your warning and my wife is still
                       doing belly rolls over it.
                             Harry Berryman
                           To a better future.