From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:05:09 -0600
Good morning Conchlers,

I wish to than George Sangiologlu and Professor Masashi Yamaguchi for
submitting their wonderful photos of tridacnas.  These were requested for a
children's book that an email friend is writing.  I'll let you know when
this book is published.
The pictures were so great that I also requested the use of the photos for
my site "Man and Mollusc" .  This they graciously permitted.  These photos
can now be viewed on the following pages:

http://www.manandmollusc.net/tridacna_masashi.html
http://www.manandmollusc.net/tridacna_george.html

I also would like to let everyone know that I have added another new page to
my Internet Resources Section:  "Ocean-Related Professional Careers" (
http://www.manandmollusc.net/links_career.html ).  There are now over 50
separate pages of links to be found in the Internet Resources section: (
see: http://www.manandmollusc.net/links_index.html  or for a subject index,
go to http://www.manandmollusc.net/subject_index.html )

I also believe Ross is going to be updating the mollusc of the moment page
very soon.  Ross though not editing and maintaining the site now still
remains a great source of materials and suggestions for the site.  He is
very much appreciated.

I would like to thank everyone who has contributed information and/or
websites to this my first web site.  Man and Mollusc has proved to be very
successful with over 14,000 hits in the 18 months since its inception.

I hope this site continues to be a source of good information for all to
use.  If anyone ever finds an inaccuracy or blatant mistake in any of the
materials to be found within this site, I sure would appreciate hearing from
you.  This site can only be useful if it is kept well up to date, and this I
am striving hard to do.  Also new materials, stories, events, web page
additions etc anyone would like to add to the site are very much appreciated
by myself and my viewers.

All the best,

Avril Bourquin
P.O.Box 366