From:
Patricia Paine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:30:33 -0400
My mother who was an avid shell collector and shell-crafter has recently
moved into a small apartment and has decided not to take her shells.  She
collected and made lovely shell craft projects, sailor's valentines and the
like, for years. My sister and I don't know what to do with all the
shells.  We don't share my mom's passion, but we appreciate the work that
went into the craft objects and the collection. There are literally
thousands of shells, and lots of what she refers to as "specimen quality"
shells.  I don't want to burden your discussion list, but would appreciate
any suggestions you might have for selling or disposing of these lovely
things. We had one rather ugly experience with a local dealer and don't
want to repeat it.  We are located in Largo, Fla. Thank you in advance for
any advice or help you can offer us. My sister's email is