From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:56:44 -0400
Message from Alan Gettleman regarding launch.

As you probably have seen in the news, the orbiter rolled out and the
launch date (with only one day of contingency) is the morning of July 12

at about 5 in the morning.  What a wake up call to end the convention!
And no conflict with our convention (except for sleeping), but anyone
who has not seen a night launch should want to see a night launch
anyway.  No one will sleep through that sound of the launch at the
Radisson anyway, being that close. Hope the launch doesn't slip, but it
is very close.  I really think it will not go on that date, but I am
usually wrong on those items.