From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 08:21:54 +0200
Dear David,

in about 1970 or a few years before when my parents
and I made holidays in Jesolo near Venice and my
mother collected in the early morning along the beach
she found somewhat beached full of sand like mud.
She was very curious for that and brought it to the
small hotel where we stayed and put in a a great
basin (dish, bowl)with seawater. It turned to be out
that is was a seahare, again living. So we observed
this animal more than a week and we gave it algas to
eat. Our Aplysia took the food from our hands without
defeding itself with this violet ink. It was very nice
to observe this sea hare and we often changed the
water
so that is was always fresh. After more than week
we found the sea hare a little bit tired but well
among some long chains, which turned out to be her
eggs. So we took a boat and went out several hundred
meters from the beach and let her in freedom.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut

=====
Helmut Nisters