Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:37:43 EDT
Regarding Florida diving,
After the last Sarasota Shell show, John Chesler   and Mary Bukstel went
diving off Venice. They said it was very good diving and they did find some
sharks teeth. Possibly you could ask him what boat they went on. Write me for
his address if you are interested.

On another Florida note:   Our governor is asking for designs for the Florida
State Quarter. For any of you who can draw it might be nice to get a shell on
our quarter. Our Florida State shell the Horse Conch might be nice to have on
a coin.  It would probably have to be in context with a beach, palm trees and
the space shuttle. If anyone submits a design let us all know and maybe we
can send Jeb letters asking for our state shell or your design. Send designs
to: Gov. Jeb Bush, Executive Office of the Governor, The Capitol,
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0001  Don't forget, we have 17 clubs in Florida
and if we rally behind and write letters we may get this done.  This would be
a big thing as I do not recall any coin of the United States having a shell
on it.

For those of you not familiar with the previous discussion, The United States
has allowed each state of our Union to issue a comemmorative quarter with
some pictorial highlights of the special things about that state. These are
being issued over  a period of years. Florida's design has not been chosen
yet. (We need to chant over and over "We need a Seashell" :-)

 Good shell hunting, wherever you may be looking,
             Carole Marshall
             Lake Worth, Fl.