From:
Carlos Afonso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 03:47:43 -0700
Hello all,

Have a question that has been intriguing me for some
days. The other day I was diving looking for Cypraea,
actually Zonaria pyrum, the only specie that I have
ever self collected in the Algarve, South Portugal,
came across one individual and I didn’t realise it was
laying on to of here eggs. Since it is rare specie in
this region and with a very restrict habitat, I placed
it back, real carefully, under the same rock that had
the eggs. So the question is,  if on removes
accidentally a Cypraea from on top of here eggs and
then places it again under the same stone that had
them, will it continue to stay there and protect here
future generation? I am also interested in knowing  of
the reproduction peek(s) or season(s) for this specie
in other areas of the Atlantic and Mediterranean.
Thank you all in advanced and best shelling regards,

Carlos Afonso