From:
Felicia Zahida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 20:42:58 -0700
Dear All,

I do interest to do some stock analysis on shells,
since there is a tendency to harvest shells as much as
possible in our beaches areas.

My surfing resulting in the availability of stock
analysis program called FISAT 2000 (FAO-ICLARM Stock
Analaysis Tools) released by FAO and ICLARM. This
program originally designed to fishes and lobsters.

Please respond me immediatelly if you do have an
experience in this case of study. My question is what
shells character(s) should I use to determine whether
my shells is mature or young ? Is the aperture width ?
or what ? Shells width? shells lengths?

Thank you for your kind response in advance.

Felicia Zahida
Faculty of Biology
Atma Jaya Yogyakarta University
Jl. Babarsari 44