From:
Mary Canada <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:08:20 -0500
So our taxonomy is inaccurate? And will always be so?  Taking that premise then,

why is there no central registry of some sort that would allow people to archive

the data key to their collection?  It seems a shame to see the work of a
lifetime lost because others either do not understand the importance of the data

lists or simply do not care.  If this data is so crucial to a well maintained
collection then it seems some sort of concerted effort needs to be undertaken to

preserve it for the future.  What is the point of data that  so frequently is
irretrievably lost?  Shouldn't we be looking at ways to preserve this work for
the future?