From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:40:18 -0500
Enzo,
As I tried to point out last night to Marcus, people are being misled into blaming environmentalists, green people, Greenpeace, etc. Those well-intentioned folks who urge shelling bans are also misled. I DOUBT THEY COULD TRUTHFULLY BE CALLED GREEN OR ENVIRONMENTALISTS.

Again, if we want to improve the discussion and make it more useful, we might plan something to call attention to the real culprits: Industrial-scale fishing, agribusiness run-off water contaminants, real estate so-called development, etc.

Perhaps COA can make an organizational statement as a press release. Anybody know the process for doing so? Anybody second this?

David Kirsh
Durham, NC

Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We are hopeless, since all the green people are khomeinist on a geneticground and no scientific or at most plausible argument will be ok for them.
Unluckily they shout high and some politicians follow their shouts
Enzo Campani