From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:05:04 -0600
Hello, Everyone!

I have been working with my Unionidae in the last few days  - have not had them out for a while, as there are no longer any opportunities for me to collect here in our area.

Question:   Is the correct name for "Lampsilis ventricosa"
"Lampsilis cardium,"  and should the author's name and date
be (Rafinesque, 1820), in particular, should it be in parenthees?

Thanks,
Linda  - "Where, oh where, have the mussels gone" seems to fit in the Bob Dylan song along with the famous people.