From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:08:36 +1100
Dear all,

I have been toying with the same idea, especially since the TTL light meter
in my 15-year old Pentax packed in for the umpteenth time. I'd like to buy
a top-of-the-range camera. I guess the Nikon is pretty good, but at a shop
I went to they were very keen to show (or sell) me a Minolta Dimage5 or 7.
This thing actually looks and feels much more like a 'real' camera. One
feature I liked was the ease with which autofocus can be overridden. When
photographing shells autofocus can be really, really annoying. They said
one of the advantages was that it uses AA batteries, but then the batteries
they tried went flat within 5 minutes. Supposedly it is much better with
their propriatary AA-sized rechargable jobs.

Has anyone here actually used one of these? Any advantages/disadvantages?
E-mail me privately if you want

Patty

P.S. Sorry to do this here, but the E-mails keep getting astray in
cyberspace. Harry: I received your shells in December. Been trying to
E-mail you since. Many, many thanks!
Dr. Patty Jansen

Bookshop: http://www.booksofnature.com
Publishing and info site: http://www.capricornica.com

Books of Nature
P.O. Box 345
Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098

E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]