From:
G Thomas Watters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:45:00 -0500
A freshwater mussel host database is now on line at:

http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/molluscs~/OSUM2

click the "hosts database" button.

This is a database of known freshwater mussel parasite/host relationships.
One can search by mussel family, genus, or species and retrieve known hosts
for their glochidia, or search by host family, genus, or species and
retrieve known glochidial parasites. The result returns a full citation.

Please let us know of ones we've missed or new ones; we will regularly
update the database. The server only allows a small number of users at a
time, so try back if you are blocked.

G. Thomas Watters, PhD
Curator of Molluscs
Museum of Biological Diversity
Department of Evolution, Ecology & Organismal Biology
The Ohio State University
1315 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
v: 614-292-6170