From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:44:14 +0100
Hi Steven,

many subgenera are today seen as its own genera. But
I think there could be a great confusion. In the
museums collection I keep them all under Cypraea and
in alphabetical order to find them better also in
a database. I think you could follow Lorenz, but
using only the genus Cypraea I think is correct too.
I would wish me back in the times of Linnaeus and not
in the time of splitterers. Maybe I am a lumper.
with best shelling greetings
helmut form innsbruck

--- Stephen Ross <[log in to unmask]> schrieb:
<HR>
<DIV>
<DIV>The other day I was looking at a website, I think
it was worldwideconchology.com, and they were saying
sumthin about the cowries being recently(?) divided
into 34 genera.&nbsp; Is this pretty well accepted, or
do most people just continue to use the single genus
Cypraea?&nbsp; I'll admit that this website is the
only place I've seen it done.&nbsp; Personally, I like
the idea of one genus, its part of what makes the
cowries unique and special...&nbsp; its not as
confusing as all the other families!&nbsp; However, I
also know there are reasons for making the
divisions.&nbsp; Whats the popular opinion amongst
ya'll?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>~Stephen~</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Chat with friends online, try MSN
Messenger: <a
href='http://g.msn.com/1HM305401/12'>Click

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de