From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 08:56:49 -0300
There is a simple trick you can do to avoid unwanted mails being sent using
your computer:
Simply create a new entry on your address book as !0000, with no e-mail or
any other information.

Whenever a program try to send messages using your address book, it will be
blocked by your computer since it can't be sent to the first address (which
is null...).

Marcus

>From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Warning about email attachments
>Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:19:43 -0400
>
>Dear Conch-L'ers,
>
>Sorry to use Conch-L for this warning, but I felt it important to pass
>along this information for your computer safety.
>
>Just briefly, if you receive an email from my worldwideconchology.com email
>address ( [log in to unmask] ) with an attachment of any
>kind, please delete it!
>
>I just received an email with a .exe and .pif virus file attached --
>ironically, the email has my email address as the sender and recipient with
>the 128k size file attached that my anti-virus software picked up and
>quarantined.
>
>How the virus-mongers create virus-carrying emails using other people's
>email addresses is beyond me.  It's probably done with some type of
>spidering software.  So much for Web site software protection!
>
>Again, delete only the [log in to unmask] emails that have
>attachments, especially large ones.  When I want someone to see a picture,
>I will upload it to my Web site with a private URL for you to download. And
>if I am sending an attached text file, I will let you know in advance.
>
>Sorry again for this off-topic posting.
>
>Rich

>http://mail2web.com/ .

MARCUS COLTRO