From:
"R. Goldberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 23:06:33 -0400
Dear Leslie,

Thanks for straightening me out on this.  Yes, I do remember now.   And by
the way for Conch-L'er's who have not yet seen Leslie's award-winning
exhibit -- do so if you have an opportunity to attend a shell show where he
intends to redisplay the exhibit.  It is a "must see", and well deserving
of the Pilsbry Award.

The Pilsbry Award recognizes exhibits that present original research about
mollusks to encourage collectors to make their own observations of and
hypotheses about mollusks, to try to prove or disprove accepted wisdom,
and, perhaps, to proceed to publication.  Leslie has invested a tremendous
amount of time and effort in this research, and Leslie, I hope your paper
will be widely distributed when published.  The Philadelphia Shell Club
offers this award each year.  This year's Philadelphia Shell Show is
scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, November 2 - 3.  It is held at the
Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia.  Contact Al Schilling for more
information.  [log in to unmask]

But back to Calliostoma brunneum.  It seems then based on the widening
number of records that you have compiled, that the species is found
throughout a good portion of the West Indies.  Leslie, I will send you an
image of the shell to confirm its identity.   Thanks for sharing your data
and research.

Rich
worldwideconchology.com