Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:36:34 -0600
Hello Conchlers,

Toni is coming to us again with another mystery shell.  She asks:  "Is this
a immature Buccinum undatum or a Nucella lapillius? I found this on a rocky
shore with a number of other Nucella lapillius at Brenton Point in Newport,
RI. The lateral wave pattern on the top half of the shell stops abruptly and
becomes revolving ridges."

This mystery shell can be viewed at:
http://www.manandmollusc.net/mystery_shell_toni_two.html

You can answer Toni privatly at:  [log in to unmask] or if you answer to
the list, I will forward the information on to her.

Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,

Avril Bourquin
PO Box 366