From:
James Cheshire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:16:21 -0800
Dear all,
Much to my surprise, last night a friend of mine who
is not really interested in mollusks asked me a
mollusk related question. Here it is:

"Hey Chroma - RE: mollusks and the like, where are the
best/largest oysters found in the world?"

'Chroma' is short for Chromatophile, which is one of
my many nicknames. This question is a tough one for
me; I am not very 'learned' in the way of oysters, and
I'm especially unfamiliar with the edible ones,
excepting Crassostrea virginica. But I'm convinced
that it likely isn't the largest and tastiest in the
world. So, can anyone enlighten me on this, so that I
can pass it on to my friend?

Thanks,
James