From:
"Tom Rice (Of Sea and Shore)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:23:57 -0800
Peggy,

Range given in the article for N. emarginata is Punta Eugenia, Baja
California, México north to around San Francisco, California. For N. ostrina
from Yakutat, Alaska south to Point Concepcion, California. This means the
two species overlap in the San Francisco area, but N. emarginata is found in
calm waters and N. ostrina on wave exposed shores.

Tom Rice