From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:23:35 +1300
>Dear Listers,
>
>Jacksonville Shell Club webmaster Bill Frank tells me that a new set
>of webpages have been constructed.  Collaborating with biologist
>Roger N. Clark, who is working on the fisheries of the Aleutian
>Islands, Bill has posted a good number of fine images with
>interesting locality data.  These seldom-seen mollusks are often
>spectacular and always just as fascinating as cousins from the lower
>latitudes.  Visit http://www.jaxshells.org/nopac.htm, and see for
>yourselves.

Very nice... however the beasts labelled Parvamussium alaskense are
neither Parvamussium nor Propeamussiids, they are pectinids... and
look like small Zygochlamys to me. There have been rumors of
Zygochlamys, supposedly a circumAntarctic genus only, having been
found in the Sea of Okhotsk... I am making inquiries as to this.

Parvamussium looks very like Propeamussium and shares its unribbed
exterior and ribbed interior.
--
Andrew Grebneff
165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand