From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 04:05:55 +1000
Hi all,

In regard to my question on Bursa granularis behavior...I was searching
through my literature in search for an answer and found it! On page 47
of Scott Johnson's Living Seashells, an excellent little paperback with
a bunch of great photos, he states "The probiscus is very agile and can
also be used in defense against cone shells. Small bursids have been
observed to push away much larger individuals of Conus textile."

Agile indeed! Now, if only I can capture this on film!

Cheers,
Bob Abela